My friend Domingo and I have created our own horseback riding excursion in the El Valle area. On this tour you will step back in time to a simpler way of life. During this tour you will meet locals who are gracious for your presence in their home country. They welcome you into their backyard to enjoy the views and learn their way of life.
This excursion will include the following:
• A vehicle will take us to where all the horses are kept.
• Once we are on horseback we will ride out into the country traveling by local farms to a small general store in the middle of the countryside.
• There you will try some fresh picked local fruits.
• View locally grown coffee the old fashioned way.
• From there you will backtrack a little and make various river crossings like a cowboy in the old western movies. If the conditions permit you will even ride down the middle of the river for a mile or so.
• The end of the ride will end us at El Valle beach for photos and some beach riding.
We will have a typical Dominican buffet nearby.
• There is no snorkeling at this beach and swimming is prohibited at the El Valle beach.
• Drought Conditions permitting, we will include a waterfall when possible. Each day is different depending on rainfall so it’s hard to promise this each day.
This tour is not recommended for wheelchair guests, those with mobility concerns, recent back or neck injuries, people with heart problems or pregnant women. Flat shoes with a non-slip sole and closed toes are recommended or a hiking sandal – no flip flops. Light, comfortable clothing, cap, sunglasses and sun screen are recommended. Weight limit for horseback ride is 250 pounds.
You will have all that you can drink: Local Soft Drinks and water.